Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 2

On Oct. 15, at about 6am a doctor came in and checked me out and said I could be discharged. Finally!! I just wanted to be with Jeff and Hailey already! My mom came over to the hospital to help me pack. We impatiently waited around until 9am when it was finally time to leave. My dad and Hailey drove to the hospital to pick us up and then took us over to the Ronald McDonald House, which is right across from Children's Hosital to drop off all of my stuff.

Hailey stayed with my parents while I went to Children's for the first time. I was really emotional walking in to Children's for the first time. I felt so awkward because I didn't even know where to go or what to do. Thankfully I had Jeff to support me. I was so worried that Madeline wouldn't know me or recognize my voice because I wasn't able to have any bonding time with her after she was born. As soon as we got in the elevator I started crying, and when we got to the NICU and I saw her laying there the tears just kept coming. It was so great to touch her and tell her I love her. She was so beautiful.

Later in the day, we brought Hailey up to meet Madeline for the first time. It was such a beautiful thing, and I will never forget it. Hailey was so proud of her sister and couldn't get enough of touching and kissing her. She also sang her a couple songs.



My expression sums it up: Sheer exhaustion and happiness at the same time.

Our little fighter






No comments: