Friday, January 13, 2012

Catch up

I had hoped to be able to keep up with this blog while we were in the hospital, but the truth is that it was too hard to relive everyday twice. Once by living it, and then again by writing about it. Looking back, I wish I could have kept up with it, but emotionally, it would have been much too difficult. There were so many highs and lows (more lows than highs), that it was absolutely exhausting.

Our time at Children's Hospital was so difficult, but so amazing at the same time. We met so many good people, and Hailey learned and grew up so much in the 2 1/2 months we were there. Jeff and I made it through the most difficult time we have ever experienced and came out stronger because of it.

Madeline is such a strong little girl. She amazes us everyday. We love her so much and it's hard to believe that she has only been in our lives for 3 months now. It feels like she has always been here. Our hearts have grown in size with love and appreciation for both of our girls.

No comments: