26 lbs (first time on a big girl scale)
36 inches tall
Thankfully no shots were needed at this appt, yay! Hailey just loves going to see Dr. Gass. She has said multiple times that she wants to be a doctor, so maybe she will be some day! She told Dr. Gass all about Madeline, and also told him that "she is in mommy's tummy so you can't see her yet." She got to use the special light to look in Dr. Gass' ears as well as mine, and she got to try on his stethoscope, which has always been her favorite thing to do. Dr. Gass said she is on he tiny side weight wise, but she had also been sick with strep throat just a week prior and lost some weight.
It's still hard for me to believe that we have a 3 year old! Who by the way is experiencing a touch of the "terrible 3's." Hailey has been pretty demanding about things lately and is really trying to control as much as she can, which is creating power struggles between us. We have been using times outs and rewards to try to encourage her to change her behavior, but it's been a slow process. I worry sometimes that we are being too hard on her or expecting too much, but she is so smart, it's hard not to treat her as though she is a bit older than she is. Overall, I think we are doing a great job raising a polite, unique, and independent girl who loves to be helpful and sensitive to others. I still believe that structure is extremely important in our daily schedules, and try to keep Hailey on a nap and bedtime routine. It's so much easier when she knows what to expect, and that way, Jeff and I can get some alone time too. I am hoping that after Madeline comes, we can stick to the same type of schedule, but I also recognize that with a busy toddler and an infant, it may be difficult!
Hailey speaks in full sentences and has a huge vocabulary and a great understanding of words. She really does pick up on everything! Sometimes if we spell something out loud (because we don't want to say the word), she will repeat the spelling, even though she doesn't understand the word. We have to be very careful around her! She constantly makes us laugh with the things she comes up with. We can't wait to watch her grow, and we can't wait to see what an amazing big sister she will be. I have a feeling, she is going to take her new role very seriously!
![]() |
| Our little pumpkin pie! |

No comments:
Post a Comment