Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First day of soccer

I signed Hailey up for a soccer workshop through the YMCA, it's for ages 3-4 and is 2 days a week for 45 minutes. I thought it would be fun for Hailey to learn something new and make some new friends, and her cousin Ashley plays soccer, so I knew Hailey would think it was pretty cool. I was nervous about how Hailey would do. I thought she would be shy to begin with and maybe not want to fully participate, but she totally surprised me. She clung to me for a few minutes, then I slowly backed away from her when they were doing warm up exercises and she did great. She kept looking back to make sure I was still there, but she stayed with her class. The coaches (there are 3 of them) did such an amazing job memorizing all the kids names within minutes, and drawing the kids back in as they began to get distracted. Here are some pics from her first "practice."


Lining up for the first warm up

Playing Red Light, Green Light


Chasing after the ball

Talking with Coach Josh

Big kick! She is also carrying a big leaf she found that she wanted to save for daddy. :-)

Team huddle

No comments: