I got off work at 6am on Christmas morning, and Jeff had to go to work at 8am, so when I got home from work, we woke up Hailey to open presents. We had been talking up Santa so much, that I didn't even have to try hard to get her to wake up, I just said "Santa was here!" and she sat right up and was ready to go! She was really excited about her stocking, so much in fact, that she didn't even notice all the presents until we pointed them out to her! After opening the stockings, Hailey got to open the last door on her Advent calendar, which contained a Tinkerbell bracelet and then she noticed that Santa had almost eaten all the cookies, and drank all the milk. The carrots were also missing. This really excited her, and you could just see her taking everything in, and thinking about Santa being in our house.
Santa was very good to us, and somehow he knew that Hailey is in love with all things Toy Story! She was squealing with delight when she opened Mr. Potato Head and wanted to play with him right away. Hailey's favorite gift by far, was a talking Woody doll (Toy Story). She hugged him and didn't let him out of her sight for the first 2 days.
Jeff got a new lens for his camera to replace one that was broken, and a new coffee maker. I got a pink Ipod Nano and the movie Eclipse! Christmas was so much fun this year because Hailey was so in to it! It's so fun and magical to see things through her eyes.
Thankfully, Hailey was worn out after opening presents so we both laid down for a 3 hour nap, which I SO needed after working a 12 hour shift. Then it was off to Mt. Vernon to celebrate with my family!








No comments:
Post a Comment