Monday, November 29, 2010

White Thanksgiving

We woke up on Thanksgiving to about 3 inches of snow, and it snowed all day long! Although it was beautiful, and Hailey loved it, I was sad because we missed out on my families Thanksgiving dinner in Seattle because of the nasty roads. :-( Jeff had to work and I didn't feel comfortable making the drive with Hailey, so we opted to stay home and play in the snow. We will be celebrating our "makeup" Thanksgiving today at our house! It will be my first time making a full Thanksgiving dinner, so I am kind of nervous, but thankfully Jeff has been such a huge help in helping me prep everything.

Hailey had so much fun playing in the snow, and loved to eat it and just walk around in it. I startled her when I tossed a snowball at her tummy, but she soon wanted to make "balls" and even got me in the face with one! Hailey did a pretty good job keeping her gloves on, but that didn't stop her from telling us that her hands were cold and needed hot chocolate to warm them up! She told us that everytime we took her outside, it was hilarious. And of course we gave her hot chocolate, because who can say no to that?!





No comments: