Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hailey's first haircut

Hailey got her very first haircut last weekend and she did so great. I didn't even have to use the lollipop I had hidden in my pocket!! Her hair is wild and curly, so we just wanted a little trim to make it more manageable, but I was worried that she would lose her curls because that happened to me when I was a baby, but thankfully she didn't.

It was neat because Hailey's favorite teacher from daycare, Annie, was also there to get her haircut and that made Hailey really excited. Hailey sat in the chair and didn't move too much at all. She was happy as long as she could still see Annie in the mirror. After she got her haircut, she kept saying "I want haircut", and where ever we went for the rest of the day, she would put her head down to show people her haircut, including random strangers.

I'm sad because I wasn't able to collect any hair to put in her baby book :-( There wasn't much they trimmed off and it was so fine it just seemed to disappear. Sad!



No comments: