Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goodbye August!

I can't believe that it is September already. The month went by much too fast and I did not blog nearly enough. Hopefully this month I can get back on track.

Hailey is such a little person now. She speaks in sentences all the time, most recently she said "Ow! I stubbed my toe!" after she stubbed her toe. I was shocked that she even knew what stubbing a toe was! She is such a sponge, and loves learning new things.

She also sang her first song in August. It just so happens to be her favorite song, the Birthday song! She can sing 3 out of the 4 lines of the song. She sings in this adorable little voice that I could listen to for hours. She can also sing a bit of "Twinkle Twinkle". She requests "Isty Bitsy Spider" a lot and does all the right hand movements in the right parts.

Hailey is still a great sleeper, although we did go through a couple nights this month of her not sleeping through the night. We got her a stuffed turtle that shines stars and a moon on her ceiling thinking maybe she was afraid of the dark and it seemed to help. Thankfully, we are all sleeping well now. Hailey is still taking a nap in the afternoon, which we will miss when she stops needing a nap.

Hailey will begin her 3rd month of gymnastics this month. She really enjoys swinging on the bars and jumping into the foam pit. She is doing better at following the teachers directions, but she isn't too interested in doing the stretches before class starts, she just wants to get to the fun stuff!

In July Hailey moved up to the "Treehouse" room at daycare (toddler room) and she is having a blast there. She loves her teachers, and everyone loves her there. The teachers ask us constantly to please enroll her full time instead of part time because she is so much fun to have in class. That makes us feel really good :-) She still only goes to daycare 5-7 times a month, but we know she really enjoys it and is learning a lot.

Jeff and I are both on dayshift right now, woohoo! So we are enjoying all the family time we get even if it is only in the evening. It's nice to be home and tuck Hailey in to bed at night.

I am still doing school part time. I am getting my pre-reqs done for the nursing program, so hopefully this time next year I can get on the waiting list. This quarter will be the first time I will be responsible for doing my homework on my own time as opposed to doing it while I'm at work on graves. I'm nervous about my Biology class this quarter because I haven't done a Science class since high school.

No comments: