Thursday, August 11, 2011

Glucose test

On Tuesday I did my lovely Glucose test. Which involves drinking a gross sugary drink, and then getting blood drawn exactly an hour later. I did it, and was excited to be done with it...until the doctor's office called and said my results were high which could mean I have gestational diabetes. They informed me I would need to go back to the lab for a 4 hour glucose test. Which involves fasting for 8-10 hours prior. Lovely. So last night at work, I stopped eating and drinking at 2am and then went home and slept til 1030 and then went to the lab for first of many blood draws. After the initial blood draw, they had me drink another, even more sugary glucose drink and then I had to return to the lab in an hour for another blood draw. Repeat that 3 times and finally at 2:30pm I was able to eat food. I'm hoping to get the results tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have gestational diabetes.

No comments: