Hailey was very excited about all of her gifts, but she was especially excited about the necklaces. She wanted them on right away, and then went around the room pointing to everyone's necklace saying "mommy's necklace" or "papa's necklace". We didn't even know she could say the word necklace. She wore them all day, and when she woke up the next morning, the first thing she said to me was "I want my necklace." She has been wearing them ever since (except for naps and bedtime).
After presents, we sang to Hailey, and I think she got embarrassed because she buried her face in the couch until we were done. She then got to blow out her candle. It took her a couple tries but she finally got it, and then she wanted to do it again and again, so we stuck a candle in her piece of cake and let her blow it out a few more times.
After the party, we headed down to a park near our house. Ashley and Lincoln rode their bikes, and Hailey got to ride on her new tricycle. Which she seemed to love.
It was such a great day, and we still can't believe that our baby is 2 (I have a feeling I will say this at every birthday!).




No comments:
Post a Comment