Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Jeff and I both had to work on Thanksgiving night, so Hailey stayed the night with my parents. On the Saturday after Turkey day, we were able to celebrate with my family. It was so great to see everyone, and after dinner we were able to celebrate my Grandma's birthday. Hailey had a great time running around and entertaining everyone. She went through great grandma's bag and found her high heels. Of course she wanted to wear them, and wear them she did! She walked around the whole house in the heels, I think she walked in them better then I ever have!

The next day, we were horrified to hear that 4 Lakewood police officers had been murdered while sitting innocently inside a coffee shop. This occurred less then a month after the murder of Seattle PD officer Tim Brenton. What is wrong with the world? I am scared for Jeff, and for our family and friends who are in law enforcement. I am scared about Hailey growing up in an unsafe world. I don't even have the words to express how I feel...

Be thankful for everyone and everything in your life.






No comments: