Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Update

We went to the doctor today and did another non stress test. Everything continues to look good. We also got to watch the monitor as I had a big contraction, so that was promising. Fast forward to the exam...I'm only dilated to 1!!! I was hoping for so much more! The doctor was quick to tell us that things can change very quickly and labor could begin at any time. The doctor did speak to us about induction, however he explained that induction can lead to a very hard labor and often leads to a c section. So, he did give us the option of scheduling an induction next week if she hasn't arrived. We have an appt next Monday for another non stress test and that is when we will talk induction if she hasn't decided to come out on her own. We are just hoping and praying that she is waiting for the 4th of July to arrive (which was our original due date). My Dad has to leave on a business trip on July 7th and we really want him here for her birth!

I never thought we would be doing a 40 week belly shot...it should be up tomorrow.

1 comment:

CTBurke said...

GOOD LUCK! We are thinking of all three of you and hoping for the best delivery possible. Kim